Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shingles


No chemo today. Why? Because I woke up with a funky eye that felt like I had a dump truck load of gravel beneath my eyelid, hyper-sensitivity over the left side of my face and pain in my ear and jaw and a massive cold sore. So it turns out I have shingles. I was able to pop into my wonderful oncologist and she took care of me. Put me on valaciclovir and I'll be able to, barring any issues with the meds, resume my routine chemo next Wednesday. I really do wish I could have 'normal' cancer without all this other crap!

9 comments:

  1. Oh yuck. So sorry sweetie, but glad they can take care of it quickly. Lots of (((hugs))) and <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was normal, it wouldn't be you, my dear. ;) Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh V! I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it clears up quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's just not fair at all! Sheesh! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks V! Hope the shingles clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. V. you are the bravest person I know. I am thinking of you every day. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate that this happened to you. Hope you feel better. Hugs, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is SO unfair. Hope you're feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete