Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hello again





I've been away for a bit, trying to get my life in order. I've been suffering from some pretty excruciating pain. So bad that I can no longer get out of the bath without help, have to crawl on all fours to get up the stairs, need a walker to get out of my chair etc. I've talked to my oncologist and she doesn't seem to think this has anything to do with my cancer. So told me to use my tylenol 3, ibuprofen and oxycodone and see if that helps. It didn't. My nurse came from CanCare and suggested that I ask my doc about dilaudid. Where oxycodone is opium based, dilaudid is morphine based and often works better. I went thru a bit of a 'pleading' with my oncology nurse that day, as my oncologist wasn't in. My CanCare nurse told me to go to HDH (hospital) to see what they could do. After a long wait and examination, I was put on Dilaudid. What a difference. I still have pain but not nearly the 'sitting in bed crying' type pain I was having.

I have another entry to add, but I'm just not ready yet. I was faced with some very real realities on my birthday, my brother in law, Charles, died that day, from cancer. My life, and death passed in front of my eyes. I want to share my feelings but I need to get them straight in my own head first.

8 comments:

  1. Oh hun, I am so very sorry to hear about your pain but I am glad you fought for your medication and won! You CAN fight this and win and I'm rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I'm glad you got the Dilaudid, sorry you had to fight for it. Love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, I'm so sorry you are having this happen! My husband swears by Dilaudid, I hope it helps! And I'm so sorry about your brother in law. Love you!
    Wendy
    (lotsatrouble)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you can take the Dilaudid and that it works good for you! My Grandmother took it during her cancer treatment & it worked for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got some meds to help you.

    SO sorry that your family lost your bil on your birthday!

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! I am really sorry you are going through so much. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Makes me sad. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are finding some relief with the new medication. Hugs and prayers, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Velda: Thought of you lately and always.
    Sorry for the pain, glad the drug helps. Regarding Charles condolences. Love you. Pray for you too.
    Sharen.

    ReplyDelete