Saturday, January 21, 2012

All it was took was a fall



Just a fall was all it took for the doctor's next words were "we may be considering brain surgery" subdural hematoma something..it was a blur. I really don't have any details, not sure I want any. I should know more in 2 weeks.

I'm exhausted, angry, sore, dizzy (no blonde jokes),and all the mish mash of feelings and such that go along with this horrible disease. I wouldn't wish any of it on my worst enemy.

31 comments:

  1. Lori in FL (Formerly TN)January 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

    Hugs. BIG BIG hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie...big giant hugs coming your way. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The climb and sometimes the fall. The irony of that is certainly live and well. I know what is is like to fall having been a giant Barney ass all last winter. I know it is not the same thing - but even so I guess, I always try and understand from my own experience. I really hope that this just clears up on its own. I will have you on my mind. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many (((((hugs)))) & lots of <3 for you V. Keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers as always. Dave had brain surgery 16 yrs ago--not the same as what you'll have, but still, he has an idea of what it's like--if you want to ask him anything I'm sure he'd be glad to answer whatever questions you might have <3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that V. You must have taken quite a spill. We really need to either duct tape you to a chair or wrap you in bubble wrap.

    Hugs,

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love and hugs sweet Velda. I am here if you need me for anything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((((((hugs))))) Ms. V! Hang n there and feel our love surround you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (((((hugs))))) Velda! I am always praying for you as are so many...I hope that is some comfort. It would be for me as I know the power of prayer (it saved my marriage several years ago), and especially the power of prayer in numbers. God bless, V! <3 you!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((HUGS))) V....always thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. VELDA, WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO? I had no idea you fell. That had to be one heck of a fall. Hang in there, know you are in sooooo many prayers, and so much love goes out to you. I wish I was there to help in some way!!!! HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you, dear friend. Smooches from Saskatchewan.

    Renée

    ReplyDelete
  12. Velda, I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am praying for you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ((hugs)) love you. Hoping for just a burrhole or two.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No words. Just lots of love and prayers. I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will keep you in my prayers and sending gentle squishy hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. V, you are in my prayers. I am so sorry. Keep us updated! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry to hear that, velda {{{hugs}}}

    ~~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  18. V, I'm sorry about the fall - here's wishing you the happy climb to feeling a bit better

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, V --- you FELL? Subdural hematomas aren't uncommon from head injuries and I think most surgeons are pretty good at solving them, but still...

    You are in my thoughts every day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hugs, prayers and love and I hope this clears up on it's own too. I feel the way all the others before me in this comment blog feel. We love you. We hold you near and dear. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Keeping you in prayer, Velda. Hugs & prayers, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love you, Velda. That's all I can find words to say.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Velda, I am worried about you. Please update us as soon as you can. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another concerned friend awaiting a word from you when you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete