Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Bucket List




The Bucket List

I watched this movie alone yesterday. My jaw fell several times as the movie progressed. I felt very close to Morgan Freeman's character "Carter". I was more like him than Jack Nicholson's character "Edward".

What really intrigued me was how two people, so different, could be brought together by this cancerous disease and end up on the same path. It was truly an amazing movie.

I don't think it would have had quite the impact it did on me that it did, had I watched it before my diagnosis of terminal lung cancer. Ironic, don't ya think, that I waited until now to watch it.

Not sure I would put my bucket list in writing, not sure I could. And I know for a fact that my bucket will not be empty when I go. But there are definitely things I want or need to do before "I see something majestic". (You'll understand that quote if you watch the movie)

4 comments:

  1. I watched this movie on a bus trip and it was brutal. I was crying and crying. Oh, you know that I would be crying, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie is on my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a GREAT movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was a great movie, too!

    ReplyDelete