Thursday, April 29, 2010

CT Scan






Finally got in to see Dr T's office but saw Dr L instead. She's also awesome!

So we went over the anaphylactic reaction to the dye and decided that since I'm atypical with my reactions (basically reacting well AFTER most people would have reacted) to medication that I should see an allergist. Yeah.

My CT scan showed that my brain tumors have shrunk yet again and they are "quite tiny". OMG I didn't expect that!!!!! The radiation therapy that ended in November is STILL working!

My lung cancer showed a little change, but let me explain. She said that two tumors were different in size than before. However, it depends on how you slice it. When a CT scan is done, it 'slices' the lung (In pictures) and each individual 'slice' is shown. If a tumor is odd shaped, it may not have grown at all, but it may have been 'sliced' in a different spot than before, resulting in a different sized 'slice'. The difference was 0.03mm to 0.065mm for one and 0.5mm to 1.3mm. At first I was first concerned, but then she quickly explained the 'slice' thing and then added that they don't even start investigating further unless there is at least a 5mm difference.

So it was a great appt. I go back June 9th, 1 day before Ashlee's 19th birthday :)


Anyone have any questions for me?

20 comments:

  1. That is absolutely wonderful!
    Sounds like God is spreading His miracles surrounding your cancer. May they continue to shrink and disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT appointment Velda!! Thanks for the updates...keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing visit! I am so happy that things are progressing so much better than they first expected! At least that's how it sounds to me from what you wrote!

    I hope this really does mean you have many more months and years to enjoy with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to work and cry at the same time????? Well, picture it. It's not pretty!

    Words can come nowhere near close to where my heart and head are in this moment. Better news could't be given. No bauble, no money - nothing!

    I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velda this is wonderful news!!! I am so glad that things are going so well!!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most wonderful news! Yay...now we hope those damned lung tumors get with the program and start shrinking like the brain tumors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Velda, you are so amazing. What wonderful news! I just wanna hug you. Love you so much!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. V, I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing. God works in amazing ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful and amazing news Velda! May they continue to shrink and disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No questions, just lots of love. The best news on this murky gray autumn day. So pleased for you! Arohanui e hoa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to come and read good news :D. Much <3 and many (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Velda, what an amazing visit! I am so glad you had good news. Lots of love and prayers going to you and yours! You are always on my mind! ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just beyond thrilled to get such a positive update from your appointment. Wonderful news!
    Thinking of you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God is good.

    OK lung tumors..... TIME TO SHRINK!!!

    xxoooxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great news! Hopefully next time all the tumors will have shrunk. Sending lots of hugs and prayers. Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Smokes! Velda, that is the best news ever. I can't believe how well you have responded to treatment.

    Girl, it's about time you had some amazing luck. This is better than winning any stinking lottery, that's for sure. I'm happy for you, I'm happy for your family and I'm happy for all of us who weren't ready to lose you to some ugly disease that you didn't deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome appt, V. I'm so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy for your good news! Are they thinking chemo at all as an option? surgery? Any more radiation? So glad that you have continued well beyond the four months. Looking for well beyond the year too! You never know. Never give up! We love you Velda! Hugs
    Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete