Thursday, June 10, 2010

CT Scan





I received the CT Scan report from my oncologist yesterday. Everything remains the same except 2 pulmonary nodules.They have grown since my original scan from September 30, 2009. The report says "They are nonspecific in appearance, however given their slight interval enlargement they are suspicious for recurrent or metastatic disease. They are not amenable to percutaneous biopsy. A follow up CT scan in an additional three months is recommended."

Which basically means they have grown, but they cannot tell from the scan whether they are cancerous or not. They will not do a biopsy (the needle thru my back into my lung) to take a sample like they did before. Late July they will do another CT scan and see if they've changed again.

This makes me a little nervous. Time to step up my game and get some more "life" things done.

10 comments:

  1. I've been clicking and refreshing this damn blog reader all day!

    Sending you love and hugs and all I can to take the sting of this from you to me!

    I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of love, prayers, and {{{hugs}}} coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know if we can help with getting some more things off the "life list"....and sending prayers your way for now and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Velda. Praying for you and sending some long distance love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it was too much to hope that this would never happen. I think you have done remarkably well and I believe your positive attitude has had a lot to do with it. I have been watching your status updates and enjoying every minute of the life you have been sharing with us, hoping that by some miracle you would beat this vile disease. That's just me and my rose-coloured glasses.

    You continue to amaze me. I am humbled by your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many (((hugs))) and lots of <3 sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you my friend :). Continue to pray for you. Love you forever and always! Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velda, I'm thinking of you and praying. Positive thoughts coming your way always. I'm hoping I'll have things figured out within the next month to come your way.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete