Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Awesome!!!!!!!!

I just got the best gift in the mail (everything is the best, really) Check *this* out!!!!!!!!



F* Cancer, Embrace Life

I really like the stories behind objects and I feel inclined to share this one. This is the story as written by my friend.

"I had a client who had to wear the mask cage for radiation and was claustrophobic. Her husband battled liver cancer for years and passed away 2 years ago. She has fought cancer herself a few times and has the type that is treatable but keeps coming back. So, one day during the time of her radiation treatments, I went to her house. She held out her arm and said "Like my new bracelet?" It took me a few minutes to realize what it said (she's 76 and very conservative!) She laughed and said "Well, that's how I feel". Last time I went to her house I asked her where she got the bracelet (she hasn't worn it in a long time, but I remembered it) She said she didn't remember where, but when I told her about you she said "you can have mine- I don't need it anymore. I'm done with cancer".

She had my friend send it to me with best wishes for me and my family and some other cancer related information that may do me very good. The kindness of my friends and family floors me daily but the generosity of strangers blows me away! I hope that if you ever get the chance to help someone you don't know, that you take that opportunity, it may change a person's life, if not your own.

I've added this to my other 7 sterling bracelets that don't leave my wrist. My Lia Sophia bracelet from Julie, my health bracelet, my "Friends are a lifelong treasure" bracelet from Denise, a charm bracelet my dad gave me on my first birthday that has a silver squirrel on it, a charm bracelet from my stitchy girls that has several charms on it, from Faye, a beautiful Italian charm bracelet filled with 20 hand picked charms that cover every aspect of my life (camels, angels, mom, virgo, flowers, cats....etc), and the charm bracelet from Kija Designs from Kim. They are all so special to me...they are like worry bracelets when I'm stressed, I fondle them often and they are like hugs of love when I need one...

Peter is adding a charm to my stitchy one, so I'll add that photo later :)






9 comments:

  1. What an awesome story Velda! May the Stork's Tower charm remind you not only of the famous bratwurst on Marketstrasse but, of life's travels and how caring bonds can be forged through a simple crossing of paths. That charm was the first one ever put on my charm bracelet and it was with me for 38 years. Lahr is the first place that connected us, the second place was lahrbrat.com, the third one was your cross stitch blog and then finally facebook opened the door and allowed us to discover more in common than we could imagine. Not a day goes by without me thinking of you and how unique our relationship is. You are a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story! She sounds like a very special woman, just like you :). Love you sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those! Hmmmm, so you have charm bracelets...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bracelet and its message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bracelts and I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments on your newest addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is quite perfectly the best thing to tell cancer! I HATE IT and all that it's doing to my friends and family and if F-Cancer would do something to stop it I'd be a very happy woman.

    You have all my love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto on the bracelet sentiment! I couldn't agree more! No only is the message awesome, but it is gorgeous too.

    Love you to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE ALL your bracelets Velda! LOVE this story and wish I had one for my mom.

    ~B~

    ReplyDelete