Monday, February 22, 2010

Memories.....




Today I am taking the first step. Hubby pulled out all the boxes I needed on the weekend and while everyone is at work/school, I will spend time going thru them. I plan to mark each item, write a short story or include a photo etc. Thankfully I've always kept keepsake boxes for the children right from the beginning, so this part won't be too hard. I have some things to add that I've found while cleaning out other cupboards and drawers. I have some special books that I need to fill in for the girls that will be presented to them on their wedding day. I have a few other surprises that I will be including thanks to several ideas that were given to me, prompted by this entry Well I am off to start....I can't wait to giggle and probably cry a little too :) My babies (they will always be my babies) mean so much to me, even if they are 21, 18, 10 and 6 lol

10 comments:

  1. You have the strength of 100 women. You make my heart smile in a way that words will never convey.

    I love you to the moon and back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you.
    You are such a strong woman and brighten each day.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an incredible mom and woman. I am so proud to be your friend.

    Love you tons honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Velda. Those memory boxes are so important. I know my kids loved them! To me, it was a way to let them know how much I have always loved them. The treasures said, "You have always been special and I was paying attention even when you thought I wasn't."

    I hope you realize how much you inspire all of us to treasure every waking moment of every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you sweetie as you begin this task. Smile, laugh, cry (even get angry if you need to)---because all of those emotions are what make the memory boxes true memory boxes and not just boxes you put together.

    I love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you as you make these memory and treasure boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((Hugs)) sweetie. They will always treasure them <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome Velda! They will be great Treasure boxes for them! You are so loved Velda! Hugs...Great news by the way on your next post! Love ya ...Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velda, you always make me so proud with your determination, your love and your strength. I hope you found LOTS of smiles and laughter as you put things together for the kids. I KNOW they'll treasure them forever!

    ~B~

    ReplyDelete