Thanks for all the suggestions during my upcoming MRI. Tonight's the night! I'm off to my MRI this evening and opted to go with oral sedative. I've been feeling nervous about the entire claustrophobia thing so I figured I'd just calm myself from the beginning. It's the right choice for me.
UPDATE -- I took 2 lorazepam and I'm not sure if it did anything. I was still particularly nervous especially when they put the cage over my face. It was suggested I try a cloth over my eyes, so I did, but that made it worse as it made it warm, and warm and claustrophobia don't work well with me. But I continued to listen to the radio, which was mostly news :( and continued breathing. At one point, honestly I wasn't going to make it (and I don't want to seem dramatic) but I felt panicky, but managed to hold it together and make it thru. It's FREAKING loud! At one point I was being shook around like I was laying on a jack hammer. It took 40 minutes and I was done. The Technologist was lovely, she kept talking me thru, told me when we were 1/2 way and just kept encouraging me. I know this may not be a big deal for some, but it was for me. And no reaction from the dye! yay!
You meet some of the nicest people in waiting rooms. Met a lady who didn't think she was claustrophobic but she was now back for her 2nd try since she didn't make it the first time and had to quit. We gave each other a hug and wished each other well. Complete strangers, yet connected. Go figure.
Results sometime this week.
Good for you! You will do just fine. I will be watching for updates sweetie. Love you! xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck, not really that bad after you take an oral sedative and ask for a cold face cloth to put over your eyes. Will be over in no time.
ReplyDeleteGood luck V! I'm glad you are getting the oral sedative. Please update when you can.
ReplyDelete((HUGS))
Good choice on the sedative. That should help a lot. When I had my thyroid biopsy they gave me an oral sedative. I didn't even notice the 12 needles they poked me with in my neck. I guess a lot of people do it without drugs, not me! I'm all for drugs for junk that makes us uncomfortable (well, legal drugs :).
ReplyDeleteI hope the MRI goes well. Good luck and God bless!
Hoping for a good outcome.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you Velda and hoping it's good news. FX it's not as bad as you think and the meds help.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Finger crossed
ReplyDeleteLots of love and positive thoughts for you!
ReplyDeleteLove you to the moon and back!
I think it's awesome that you can take the drugs V!!! They should be doing this for more procedures: I suggested it to my surgeon for draining fluid in the breast for my fybrocystic disease....He looked at me like I was nuts :(
ReplyDeleteWill be keeping positive thoughts here for you as always. We love you!
Lisa M
Good luck tonight. We're thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteany news on the MRI?
ReplyDeletelove and stitches, T
Yay for getting through the MRI!!!! Praying as you wait for those GOOD results.
ReplyDeletexxooxxoo
Kudos for getting through it! And I think it's really nice that the tech talked you through it--makes you feel like you're not alone in there :). I'm surprised the lorazepam didn't work for you--it worked too well for mom ;). (((Hugs))) and much <3
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it through. It sounds like you had an awesome tech.
ReplyDelete