
No results from the CT Scan yet as it was done at 7:15 PM on Friday evening. I expect some results early this week, but I am feeling better :)
Thank you for the emails and notes and words of encouragement.
RESULTS: I love my oncologist. Some doctors work so incredibly hard. She just called and told me the results. No firm results since a ct scan without dye isn't as accurate as one with the dye. However there are no 'big' changes in my tumors. She is going to schedule me for an MRI instead with dye (a different type than ct dye) to be sure. I've never had an MRI before, first question asked after 'do you have any metal in your body', to which I answered no, was are you claustrophobic. Uhoh. I told her I was but I'm going to pull up my big girl panties and do it. I have to. I really hate enclosed space and feeling like I can't move.
I am glad you are feeling better! I hope the results are good!
ReplyDelete**HUGS**
Late to the party here, but (((hugs))) for everything you've been going through, glad you're feeling better, hooray to Peter for doing such a fantastic job, and here's hoping there aren't any changes in the tumors. Dave actually likes the MRI's--he goes to sleep lol ;).
ReplyDeleteDid you hear the huge sigh of relief from Edmonton? I've been on egg shells today waiting for this post and yet I was hesitant to look.
ReplyDeleteVelda, you are the single most blessed person I have ever known. Thank goodness.
Take care, ok?
Kim
Hope all goes well! I will be thinking of you as usual!
ReplyDeleteI was keeping fingers for good news. Hoping the MRI gives even better news. I am not big on them but I just take a nap during it. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is good news so far. Fingers still crossed...
ReplyDeleteI agree with frugality mom--- take a nap! It can't hurt (I'm claustrophobic too!).
Holding my breath reading that, and I swear my body temperature has risen about 1000 degress in 2.5 seconds.
ReplyDeleteYou know where I am if you need anything during the upcoming tests.
I love you to the moon and back!
Yippee! I was really hoping for good news from you . . .
ReplyDeleteWith MRI's, I've had four done and couldn't do it without Ativan. Ask your doctor for some, they are the little pills that you dissolve under your tongue and after a couple of them you won't be worried about anything. Also, at our hospital you can bring in a music cd for them to play thru headphones during the MRI, they are probably the same in Kingston. :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so relieved the scan didn't show any major changes. Whew. Continuing to keep mu fingers crossed and offer some prayers.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to keep you in my prayers Velda!
ReplyDelete~B~
I'm strange like Holly's DH..... I go to sleep in MRIs. Praying for GOOD results from it. xxooxxoo
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that the CT scan came back with good results! As for the MRI.. Sienna has her's on July 27th... in Ottawa. The machine is much more closed in than a CT scan machine and it makes a loud thumping noise and a chirping noise. The thumping noise is the magnets working and the chirping noise is the machine being cooled down. Just imagine you are someplace nice. There will be lights inside the machine so it's not dark. The scans my kids have had are about 45 minutes long. You can do this. I know you can. xx
ReplyDeleteI had an MRI once...it's not tooo closed in. It isn't dark either, so that helps. Put your mind in another place and you'll be fine!
ReplyDelete