
Monday July 4th I had a treatment of radiation to my pelvis to help shrink the tumors that have been causing me some excruciating pain. I was to the point last week where Peter had to push me in a wheelchair to get me anywhere. It seems to have worked pretty well. The swelling must have gone down, only throbbing now, but I can walk slowly on my own.

Tuesday July 5th I had a CT Scan to see how well (or not) the chemo has worked since I started. I will know the results next Wednesday. The lady who spoke to me (not the radiologist) was a bitch. I hate when people come to work in a bad mood and take it out on patients. Suck it up buttercup! Grrrr.

I am on another clinical trial for "Quality of life" - again, thru Queen's University. It's for patients who have had a one time treatment of radiation (my pelvis) and are put on a few pills (either Dexamethosone or a pseudo pill (fake) ) and are asked to fill out a diary for pain etc and participate for 42 days in surveys and phone calls etc. Anything I can do to help anyone in the future I'm willing to do.

Next Wednesday, as I said, I will talk to Dr T to see what the next set of plans are. Several options depending on what the CT scan shows. Anything from more chemo, no chemo, different chemo etc etc. It's all up in the air right now so I sit and wait.

I finally got someone to help me out with some financial assistance. Now that's not to say I qualify after pouring 18 years of my hard work into working self employed and 15 years prior to that working outside the home and paying into the government. I claimed my taxed every year when I was self employed, but stupid me didn't know I had to pay into CPP and/or unemployment in order to get some sort of financial help if illness or whatever should happen. Ugh. I tried to get on disability but they denied me because I didn't pay into CPP in the last 6 years, but heck the guy in front of me who just got out of jail came to pick up his 3 checks grrrr. Anyway, I'm hoping the wonderful Deb from the cancer clinic has finally hooked me up with someone who can help me with some services, financial or otherwise.

I've been working on getting my dad fixed up too. Thank GOD for the VA people, they are fantastic. Within days I had 2 nursing visits, a home and health evaluation and several phone calls from several departments explaining all the options he has available. Unfortunately he only has hearing disability but they are trying to work around that to allow him a few more options. They have been incredibly helpful!
----------------------------------
You may have noticed (or not) my absence on facebook. Just taking a break.
Sounds like there are plans in the works, it's the waiting to see how they all pan out that's a pain in the fanny. Please keep us posted, all my love, ALWAYS!
ReplyDelete~Tawnya
Lots of hugs for you. I think of you every day and wish I could come see you.
ReplyDeleteYou're juggling lots of things there, my dear friend. I'm so glad the radiation seems to be helping with the pain. Prayers always. xxoo
ReplyDeleteGlad the radiation is giving you relief. There is lots going on for you these days. Keeping you in prayers. Hugs, Candace
ReplyDelete