Monday, January 10, 2011

Appointment update





Things went pretty well. Unfortunately while there, we bumped into a friend/staff member and she had some very sad news for us about one of her family members, so it didn't start the appt off very good. But I carried on after giving her our condolences.

I've been feeling rather well these days. Still tired but I'm sure with all the weight I've put on, the weather that brings me down, and the fact that I rarely know when to sit still, all of that contributes to my fatigue.

I have a sore spot on the back of my head on the left side. We're not sure what it is. It's not always sore to the touch, but is sometimes, sometimes it will just become painful when I'm not touching it at all. Another bizarre happening is on the right, back side of my head. It has a bit of an intermittent vibration in it. The best way to describe the feeling is to put a marble inside a larger ball and shake it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it, it's not painful, just really annoying.

Doc doesn't seem to know what either issue may be, so she's called for a CT Scan of my brain again, and while I'm there she's going to scan my torso too. I've been having some 'tugging' around my abdominal hernia (that's 7 years old) but I'm going to see my family doc for that.

Well I guess that's it for the appointment. My doc is very happy with my progression, or rather, lack thereof :)

Other news, my aunt is in the hospital, she will be having surgery Jan 20th, so if you can keep Joan in your thoughts I would appreciate it. My other family member is doing okay but is still quite ill, if you could keep him in your thoughts. My sister is doing well, I saw her yesterday.

On another note, I was super woman this weekend. I shovelled the back porch, cleaned 3 bedrooms, hung 4 closet doors (with a bit of P's help for the larger/heavier ones) and I've had several wonderful visitors and had a lunch out with one of my best friends and her daughter last week. This week I get to see another new baby, I can't wait!

Life is pretty good right now. I just have to remember to breathe slowly in and out when things get tough or hard to deal with emotionally. So far, so good.

Thank you again for all your support :) You have no idea how much it means to me.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a good appointment, Velda {{hug}}

    ~~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have such an overall positive outlook. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on a very positive peace of mind.

    Prayers that all test come out ok. Also prayers for your aunt.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Velda,
    First... I'm glad that your Dr's appt brought no news....either good or bad, because that makes it good. Make sense? Second, you and your Family shall be in my thoughts and prayers. My Sister's Birthday is the 19th, so I'll definitely remember a special prayer for your Aunt! Third, I am particularly glad to see you post! As long as the Doc says it's okay.... go make Angels in the snow!
    Barb in Syracuse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and Kisses for the new year. Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my thoughts quite often Velda. Thank you for the update. I've been wondering how you were feeling and coping with everything. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete