Monday, January 31, 2011

Lymph node infection



I guess if it's not cancer, I might as well have something else to keep me occupied. This is getting old. I have a lymph node infection now. Doc isn't sure if it's related to the cancer or not, but we'll have to find out. So, wanna share my experience? Touch down from your throat until you feel your collar bone, follow your fingers around your collar bone up toward your shoulder, in the space above, it's totally swollen, it's like someone inserted an unpeeled banana under my skin, it hurts to swallow, hurts to turn my head. And they aren't doing anything until they can get a complete body/bone scan. It was supposed to be Feb 7th, but they are getting it moved up to urgent, so I should hear from imaging today or tomorrow. They are also going to ultrasound the area at the same time. Oh the joys of driving up and downtown, finding parking, walking miles of hospital corridors...it's such a fun life...


NOT!!!!!!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. geeze hope they get all this taken care of for you.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of (((HUGS))) Velda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn V, that sucks to have yet another thing to deal with. I bet the infection isn't directly caused by the cancer but it's an opportunistic one that took advantage of your lowered resistance due to your immune system dealing with cancer.

    {{{Hugs}}}, love. and prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Velda. So sorry you are in pain. Hospitals are not fun, neither are visits to hospitals. Love, Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velda,
    I am so sorry. I am keeping you in my thoughts hon. (((Hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better very soon sweetie. Hopefully it is not related to that monster we all call Cancer.

    xx
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete