
My lung cancer has metastisized to my bones. I have 9 tumors in various places such as my ribs, my leg, my collar bone, 2 of my vertebrae and other places. Today was a VERY bad day for me emotionally. So much has been going in my head. I didn't sleep well last night. Today as I was sitting in the waiting room, more and more people filed in. It was like a funnel and they never stopped. I finally lost it and started crying, I was so sad for all these people who had cancer. It just wouldn't stop, there were nearly no seats left in a very large waiting room. It was so incredibly overwhelming. I left the room and stood alone in the hallway crying my eyes out. Then I went back in and sat back down next to my husband. There is a lady who is a family friend who always checks in with me when she knows I'm coming. She sat down, held my hand and let me cry. Went into the appointment and the nurse came in. She hasn't been there in awhile. She shared why. She had been diagnosed with cancer. She talked and talked and I thanked her for sharing her story with me. Dr T came in. She looked at me and said okay what's going on? All I could do was cry. Peter explained. She said she had mixed news. I knew it wasn't going to be good. No changes in brain or lung but massive tumors on my bones. I'm devastated. I start chemo in 2 weeks. She wanted to start right away, but I have a few more things to do before I might possible become incapacitated. My head is spinning. I've told most of the immediate family, the big kids and Tammy and Denise.
I am asking all of you please NOT to post anything on facebook, no wishes, no prayers, nothing. I need this to remain on the blog or if you can't post on the blog you can email me at velda65 at cogeco.ca if necessary
Thank you for all of your support - My family and my friends and to Barb and Tammy for coming to the house right away when I called them.
Oh Velda :( I had hoped the saying, "no news was good news", I am so sorry. Praying for you through this next step. I love you forever and always my friend :( Love Donna Marie
ReplyDeleteHUgs my dear Velda. I am so sorry to hear this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I will go and delete anything on my Facebook as per your wishes. I love you girl. Hang in there. I am at a loss for words. :*o(
ReplyDelete(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and much <3. I'm sure you'll hear this a lot, but feel free to call and cry, curse, whatever you need to do. I'm always here. Lots of love and prayers sweetie.
ReplyDeleteOk V.........I'm sick about this news and I wish I could think of something hopeful and inspiring to say but, I'm at a loss for words.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sorry for you, for your family, for all of us who know you and admire you...........
I just want to puke.
Kim
Oh hun I am so sorry for this news. Many thoughts and prayers coming your way and lots of (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
ReplyDeleteTami
V, I am so sorry to hear this. I sit here with my heart breaking for you & tears streaming down my face. You have been through so much already, enough of this BS. This cancer can go *KISS* already. You are in my thoughts & prayers sweetie. Love you (((((HUGS)))))
ReplyDeleteoh no V. I am sooo sorry. I have been thinking of you all day and was waiting for some good reports. I really thought it was going to be good news. I understand you don't want this on FB right now - but DO NOT try to tackle this yourself, you have hundreds of people here who love you and want to help. ASK for it when you need it - even us long distance friends will do whatever we possibly can. Just say the word. You are NOT alone. Giant bear hugs and lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
ReplyDeleteSue
The BIGGEST BIGGEST across the border bear hugs and as always, all my prayers and love. xxoo
ReplyDeleteI wish I could give you one of those big ole hugs. Please know that you and your family are always in my thoughts. I love you!
ReplyDeleteJo Myman
(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) I wish I was closer to do whatever I could to help even if it was just to wash dishes. You and your family are always in my thoughts. I am so glad you are surrounded by some very special people !!!!
ReplyDeleteVelda, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am continuing to keep you in prayer. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteKeren
I'm reaching out to hold your hand....many thoughts and prayers to you and your family. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteWOW. I wasn't expecting that. I don't know why but last night when I was up sick I thought of you and needed to see how you were doing today. Velda, this sucks. Please know you have a ton of people praying for you, God is right next to you (even though sometimes it may not seem it), and you are an incredibly strong woman. It is okay not to be sometimes~and that is when you rely on all of us, our prayers, your wonderful husband, your kids, and God. Even though we never met, you are a huge influence on me (and have been for 11 years). Love you girl and you just FIGHT!!! Is there anything I can do for you or Peter (even though I am in Alabama)?
ReplyDeleteDiane Casale
I am so very very sorry. When I have words I will be back. (((((Hugs)))))
ReplyDeleteVenessa
Vedla ; i'm so sorry.. no words could describe the pain i feel right now.
ReplyDeleteI love you so very much... best wishes
Courtney Maurice <3
Strong Prays for you and your family
All I can think of right this minute is - this sucks...
ReplyDeleteMy heart is broken and I wish I could do more.
(((HUGS)))and prayers my friend!
No words. Just a sunken heart. I'm so very sorry, Velda. I was hoping for good news ... or at least no news.
ReplyDeleteMany hugs coming your way. You are in all our thoughts!
Love-
K.
All my love, all my prayers, and all my hope! ALWAYS!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you every single day. You are so loved.
ReplyDelete((((HUGS)))) My heart sunk and tears rolled when I read this hun. Things looked like they were going so well. You have my prayers as well as being in my daily thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLove you dear one!
Dear Velda,
ReplyDeleteMy heart reaches out across the miles to touch yours. I pray for your well being and peace as you and your family deal with the next challenge in your journey. BIG HUGS!
Love Your December 99 Friend,
Dawn
(((HUGS))) Velda! I was hoping for a "no news is good news" report as well.
ReplyDeleteOur hearts and prayers are with you guys.
well, crap. this sucks. I hate cancer. I hate every little cancer cell that ever lived in anyone. I am sick of it f'ing with people I love.
ReplyDeleteSweetie, you know that I am in your corner 100% praying for you & loving you from across the miles. If you need to talk, vent, scream, cry, or whatever else, I'm here.
JoAnna
Velda: I am very sad to hear your news. I love you and pray for you every day. Sharen.
ReplyDeleteOh God Velda...this just totally sucks. I am so damned sorry and I wish like hell I lived close enough to help in some way. I love you sweetie and am praying so hard for you.
ReplyDeleteVelda, I am at a loss as to what to say. I am so sorry this has happened. I will continue praying for you. Love ya bunches-
ReplyDeleteRobin
I feel so heartsick right now reading this and crying with you, Velda. I don't want this to be true :o(
ReplyDeleteMany prayers & much love,
Erynne
I agree with JoAnna's post, so I am just going to say ditto. I can't come up with my own words right now. (((((hugs)))))
ReplyDeleteOh dear Velda...I am so very sorry to hear this. Life is so freakin unfair sometimes. Lots of thoughts, prayers and hugs from NZ xxx
ReplyDeleteVelda, I'm so very sorry about this. My heart aches for you. I wish there was a magic pill to fix this, or magic words I could say to easy your sadness. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are, and will always be, a very brave woman. God bless you my friend.
ReplyDeleteTears and a broken heart are all I can say right now. I'm sorry that you have to face this. I'm glad you have people there to face it with you. You know I'm praying and believing in miracles. (((hugs))) my friend.
ReplyDeleteVelda, I am so sorry. There really are no words, but I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear the news, velda ~ wish i could be there to give you a hug in person.
ReplyDelete~~Laura
I'm sorry to hear of this aweful Cancer spreading again V. I really hoped for your sake and your familes that it was in remission forever. I hope the dreaded Chemo does it's miracle and removes it or stops it like you've seen in the past. I'm sure it seems like such a immense fight. I hope God gives you strength and mercy. I wish for angels to lift your spirits. Praying for you always V. Kathy Evans
ReplyDeleteOh my dear friend ((((hugs)))). I'm so sorry. Sending all my prayers and love your way.
ReplyDeleteVelda, I am so so sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as always. I will keep hoping and praying for you!
ReplyDelete{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Missy/Raven
Everyone else has said it for me --- this is awful news! Bless you and hang in there, friend...
ReplyDeleteOh Velda, that is not that news anyone wanted to hear. I can't even begin to express how upset, angry and worried I am about you and your family! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get things done. I can make a trip down on a weekend if necessary.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers, thoughts and as many positive energy vibes as possible are being sent your way!
Brenda and family
So sorry that it's not good news. Know that you are well loved and in all our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteKathye
Sorry to read that Velda I'm sending you lots, lots of hugs ♥ ♥ ♥
ReplyDeleteVelda,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry. I will keep you in my prayers. Lots of hugs from many many people.
Velda, You are in my thoughts & prayers!! Huge hugs & kisses & lots of positive wishes coming your way. xoxo
ReplyDeleteDearest Velda, I am devastated with this update, I think we'd all been lulled into a false sense of security because all of your other updates had been "no news is good news". Here's hoping the chemo will kick this cancer in the ass.
ReplyDeleteKristina
I've been trying to write something to you for about a day now and nothing is coming out right. W and I are sick about this, but you're one tough cookie, V... 17 months you've been giving cancer the finger, and you're not going to stop any time soon. Love from Ottawa.
ReplyDelete*sigh* I love you so much and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie. I can't imagine the emotions and physical pains that you go through. you are such a strong woman!! DAMN! I hate that this is happening.
ReplyDeleteI love you!!
Your sista!
So sorry to hear this news. Sending you love from my heart to yours. Keeping you in prayer.
ReplyDeleteCandace