It's amazing how much stuff some people put on the internet. Now imagine having the opportunity to remove all that stuff before you die. Now imagine NOT having the opportunity.
I started with unsubscribing from newsletters from WalMart, Best Buy etc. Then I removed myself from groups on Facebook and Yahoo. Then I cleared up a couple old blogs I had, then I ran into trouble. Who knew that when you delete an old blog that you had to remove the contents first. So now, on picasa, I have 3 albums of 500 photos each that I have to remove one photo at a time. Had I known this I could have deleted the entire album in one click, then removed my blog with another click. It's no big deal, but like a true virgo, I like to clean things up. Another problem is when I used to run a cross stitch group, we had many albums on Webshots, but we used a mutual email between the two community leaders, which is now closed. So forgetting the password, those albums are now inaccessible.
I have a book of all my passwords etc for when I go and my hubby or daughter/son want to remove anything else.
The one thing I WILL do is make copies of my genealogy on discs to give to each of my children.
Anything else I should think of before I make my trip? Keep this in mind when you're uploading your life to the World Wide Web. You may be leaving alot more behind than just memories!
I started with unsubscribing from newsletters from WalMart, Best Buy etc. Then I removed myself from groups on Facebook and Yahoo. Then I cleared up a couple old blogs I had, then I ran into trouble. Who knew that when you delete an old blog that you had to remove the contents first. So now, on picasa, I have 3 albums of 500 photos each that I have to remove one photo at a time. Had I known this I could have deleted the entire album in one click, then removed my blog with another click. It's no big deal, but like a true virgo, I like to clean things up. Another problem is when I used to run a cross stitch group, we had many albums on Webshots, but we used a mutual email between the two community leaders, which is now closed. So forgetting the password, those albums are now inaccessible.
I have a book of all my passwords etc for when I go and my hubby or daughter/son want to remove anything else.
The one thing I WILL do is make copies of my genealogy on discs to give to each of my children.
Anything else I should think of before I make my trip? Keep this in mind when you're uploading your life to the World Wide Web. You may be leaving alot more behind than just memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment