Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sure, why not!?


I was with the family in Watertown, NY on the weekend, went to the zoo and the mall. While in the mall with my friends Robin and Priscilla, my husband spotted a store called The Whispering Angel. I headed there, browsing the items on the counter, the woman asks if she can give me a healing stone. I said sure, why not? She handed me a beautiful purple amethyst. I said thank you and began rubbing it like a worry stone between my finger and thumb. I hadn't said anything about being ill but perhaps my baldness gave her a clue (or at least an assumption) - Then the man at the counter asked if he could do a 5 minute healing session called Reiki and I said sure, Why not? We went into a back room, I sat on a chair with my hands folded as if in prayer and closed my eyes. He began his healing chants which sounded much like Finding Nemo's welcome initiation lol *hoohoohaha, hoohoohaha* This lasted about 5 minutes, he said he was done. I thanked him and got up and walked out. Suddenly I realized that my knees that had been sore for several days were completely fine! Did it work? Sure, why not?!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you can find someone local who will do that with you more often. It can't hurt, right?

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is completely and incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very uplifting experience. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we have at least one, maybe two, ladies here in town that do Reiki. What I found astounding in this update, was the fact that they gave you a PURPLE stone ;)*hugs*

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay !! Reiki is awesome :) I'm glad that you got a treat of healing love. There ARE good people out there !!

    ReplyDelete