Thursday, August 18, 2011

Frustration


As much as I thought this summer would be my summer 'off' of medical treatment, it's turned into the summer of frustration and battles. First the whole thing with the disability packages (which still are not prepared by my doc) and now a complete medication mix up.

My medication prescription was faxed in by the doc right after I received the pre authorization from my husband's work insurance. First the pharmacy had to order the medication and then they told me it was just over $600 ! This was supposed to be pre approved by the insurance. So begins the unravelling of what happened. The short story was that my doc put down the mg dosage however that particular medication doesn't come in that dosage. She also neglected to include that it was for a cancer patient. The pharmacy assumed that it was for regular osteoporosis and sent the right dosage but the wrong medication. I was only pre approved for the other. So I had to call a group called Victory Program that provides a bridge between receiving the meds in my hands and insurance covering the payment. This took 5 hours on the telephone.

So now I have $600 worth of medication that expires today (only good for 24hrs) and the cancer clinic has to try to find some place to fit me in.

*Sigh*


Oh and did I mention that I had a nasty fall out of my garden, cutting my knee open, scraping my other knee, elbow and shin, bruising both my shins and pulling both my shoulder muscles. I could barely walk for 3 days.

Woe is me...

9 comments:

  1. Hope everything gets worked out with the medicine/insurance de-bockle.

    Sorry to hear about you falling... please be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Hugs))) sweetie. I hope it all gets worked out soon with the government stuff (never fun, I know), and I hope you heal quickly from your fall. Lots of (((Hugs))) and much <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((HUGS)) I'm sorry you are having such a rough summer. Hopefully they can get everything settled for you quickly :)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this rubbish. In the UK any disability/welfare payments for anyone considered terminal are rushed through as a priority. I find it hard to believe that Canada also does not have a priority channel. It sucks that you might have to wait so long for financial aid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about this mix up Velda. I am also sorry you fell. I hope you feel better. I hope the medication stuff gets worked out. Sincerely, with love and admiration for your bravery. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. auggghh. did you get it done? I'm sure the hospital would have tried everything in their powers to get it organized for you !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry it's been such a clusterf*** around there with pre-approval. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, that's it, we are going to wrap you in bubble wrap! I wish I could come kick some government butt for you on the stupid paperwork! Hugs!
    Wendy (lotsatrouble)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure am sorry things are such a struggle. Wishing things work out for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete