Monday, December 14, 2009

Dad.....(**Warning - Language**)





Finally felt able enuf to visit my dad today and tell him that I'm sick. It was very difficult, had an upset tummy, but I am feeling better for telling him finally. He understood. But that's my dad, he was always understanding, about everything. I love my dad. He grew a beard!

When I took my hat off to show him my hair loss, the only thing he could say was "Holy Fuck!" -- my dad doesn't swear! lol......it made me laugh :) Thanks dad!

12 comments:

  1. I was wondering just the other day if he knew. His response made me laugh too! xxoo to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a difficult conversation to have. I'm glad he made you laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That had to be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As hard as that was, I'm sure you feel better for having done it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am VERY PROUD of you!!!! Love you tons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs)) I'm glad he knows and that you feel better :). Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad he made you laugh! Love you tons hon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad was 54 when he was diagnosed with the cancer that would take him from me three months later. I flew home from Germany to see him, but we never spoke about it. He died a week after I flew away, I climbed up the sun peak mountain so I would be closer to heaven, just as he died.

    We never spoke about the important stuff and now there are so many unanswered questions, unsaid words, I wish I would have had your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww man!! i know that was hard. I did have to LOL at your fathers reaction since he doesn't cuss. HUGS to you sweetie!! I love ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. (((HUGS))) my dear. I'm sure it was very hard for you both.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. {{hugs}} I admire you so much- you're one of the bravest people I know. LOVE the picture you have with this post!

    ReplyDelete