Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Plan




Today I saw Dr. L before my chemo tomorrow. I had blood work done and an x-ray. My x-ray showed no new growth, and my blood work hadn't come back yet, but is likely fine.

Tomorrow I have my 5th chemo. My chemo consists of one week of a big treatment with the following week being a small treatment and the 3rd week having no treatment and then it repeats.

I have 6 treatments total. Can you figure out what that means? Barring any complications, my last treatment is June 30th, which ironically is my father's 74th birthday.

It also means I have the ENTIRE SUMMER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a relief! Then I will have a full body and bone scan, perhaps an MRI and x-rays and we will decide what to do then. If there is no growth, I will continue to be 'off' treatment. If there is growth then I have several options depending on what is happening. Could be radiation, chemo, different chemo than what I'm having now, or even a new oral chemo called Tarceva - you'll recall that I was not a candidate for the Iressa drug.

All in all it was a really great appt :)

10 comments:

  1. Yeah for having the summer off. I hope things continue to go well for you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you bunches!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good news is what I wish for you, and fun, and feeling well. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilled to hear you have the summer off and I'm glad it was a good appointment. Love you tons sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good appointments, and especially for the summer off :D. Lots of <3 & (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled for you! enjoy your Summer! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to read it was a good appointment. Enjoy your summer! Hugs and prayers, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad today went well!!!! and AWESOME for the summer off!!!!!! :D
    ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great news Velda! You are such a fighter! You can beat this girl! I always knew you could move mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for a good appointment!!! Double hooray for the summer off!

    ReplyDelete