Monday, November 2, 2009

Support our Troops

I am adding this to my blog here. I have always been a huge supporter of our troops. Being an army brat and many of my family members having been and still are serving, it has been one of my strongest areas of support. My father, both brothers, uncle and aunts and grandfathers have all served. Many of cousins are serving now, in fact one is deployed at the moment (altho home on leave :) ) and one is going in the new year. I also have many friends who serve or who have served.

My reason for explaining is that I needed to add these two brave men and have them acknowledged even tho it has nothing to do with my journey of cancer, it's important to me. You can read about the other brave men and women on my original blog Type in Afghanistan or military in the search at the top. You can also see the list of Canadian casualties here



Lt. Justin Garrett Boyes
26

3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
Date of incident: October 28, 2009


----------------------------




Sapper Steven Marshall
24
11 Field Squadron, 1 Combat Engineer Regiment
Date of incident: October 30, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this Aunt V. They are all special to me :) My uncle served overseas when we went over in 2005 and he wasnt there very long, before his unit drove over a IED I believe. He is VERY lucky to be alive. <3 our men and women in the armed forces.

    ReplyDelete