My family doc and oncologist have decided that dilantin *is* the cause of the rash. It can appear 6-8 weeks after starting dilantin at the doses I am on. They have switched my medication immediately to valproic EC and Hydroxyzine for the itch. I was also told to get Uremol for my itchy head (which I did). I also have fluid behind my ear drums which has caused my hearing to be diminished. My mouth is extremely dry for which they have suggested some lozenges and lots of 'rinse and spit'. I hope all these things help.
It's a gorgeous day outside. I'm feeling a little better about things.
Well, that's good news!!! I hope that makes tomorrow a much better day for you. Let's hope that's all the drama for this week, hey?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that things have been figured out. Asia and Sienna take Valproic acid and have no side effects. It's a pretty good drug and it won't make you as tired as the other one. HUGS
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad they figured out what was causing all the discomfort. Hope it all feels better soon! {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better about things. Praying these recommendations give you some relief. Hugs my friend.
ReplyDeleteHope this anticonvulsant does its stuff w/o side effects. I think you should switch to Tegretol XR.... I like it. :)
ReplyDeleteBIG HUGS!!!
Great news! I'm so glad they figured out your rash, it must be so miserable. Things can only look UP from here...I hope you are rash-free and itch-free asap!
ReplyDelete<3
I hope you get relief soon sweetie!
ReplyDeleteGlad they were able to figure things out. Hope you get to feeling a little better soon.
ReplyDeleteElaine C. says Atarax(I'm trying to remember if that is hydroxyzine, above)m is good for itchiness. Extreme case cortisone cream(can't use this til yeast infection clears up. For dry mouth a Dr. told me once that fesh pinapple juice(straight from the pinapple , not from a can) is good. there are commercial things as well "Moisture" is one something that sounds like"wet mouth" is another.
ReplyDeleteI hope they found the fix! HUGS
ReplyDelete