Monday, November 23, 2009

Wish....




Apart from the usual family, friends, world peace, cure cancer etc, if you had just ONE selfish wish to wish for, what would it be?

18 comments:

  1. I cannot decide which I would like more.... a healthy hubby or a house paid off.

    I can live with my bad health but it is harder for me to deal with his bad health. (you know hubby's and being sick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'd wish for a plane ticket to Canada, if that is okay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm a truly selfish wish...that is hard. My first thought was for a full healthy hubby but that isn't a completely selfish wish. So, I'd wish for a million dollars tax free. With that million dollars, I could bank the cost of our house (we are renting to own) and that money would be completely available to pay our monthly bill. I would also buy hubby and I new vehicles. I'd invest half of it. And, the rest would be mad money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wish is that I would never have another migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Money... of course. Not so that I could have *stuff*, but so that I could have *time*. If hubby and I didn't have to work for a living, we would be able to spend so much time with each-other and pursuing individual passions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. selfishly, I'd wish for an extreme home make-over. Our house is so pitful. 8 people in a 3 bdrm/1 bath 1300 sq feet house lol. It's ridiculous. That would never happen, so I wish I could get over my fear of flying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An unlimited, schedule free cruise on a sailing ship in the Aegean. Can't get more selfish than that!

    Not so selfish: health for DH (his prostate cancer is back...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A selfish wish is a really hard one to come up with. How about a mute button that works on a husband?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd wish for a few days by myself...no hubby and no kiddos to worry about or making demands on me. I'm truly tired of trying to do everything for everybody. How's that for selfish? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish for a self-cleaning home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how about that WE instead of our dear friends got the orders to CA. It's selfish purely in a family-way, and I know that wasn't supposed to be part of the wish...but I hate that the girls don't get to live with all the extended family around, and Dh doesn't really get that. But it was pretty much always just him, his mom, and his sister....where as I grew up just having to cross the back yard to get to my grandparents house, with aunts and uncles and cousins constantly around, small family get togethers having 30 people...that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Purely Selfish Wish. That's a toughy.

    Wishing I lived closer to my family. Or having enough money to be able to just visit whenever I want. The forces has left us around the country, my brother in NB, my sister in QB, my Dad in Kingston and me here. Um... one more wish, to not have diabetes anymore. I can't be a happy fat person anymore. *Sighs* Kathy Evans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purely selfish? I would wish for my disease to be in remission. Day to day living has been difficult for the last 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That my dearest friends lived here instead of all over ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Money, lots and lots of money.....have my little dream home/life....but with the rest I would most certainly be helping out people who are really in need...and deserving!!!

    Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd wish that I could have my cake and eat it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My truly selfish wish would be to be able to work part-time so I could be home by 2:30 and spend time with my kids and NEVER stress about money again. I don't want alot, just enough to cover our current bills.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not really a wish for myself, but it is. I would wish for a cure for diabetes so I never have to poke Kylee and squeeze her fingers until they bleed, give her a shot and watch as the bruise immediately forms, never count another carb, never weigh another cup of pasta or mashed potatoes, never worry about whether or not she took juice or glucose tabs with her when she went to the park. Never worry if she will hear her low alarm when she is asleep, never worry if she will be checked on in the middle of the night when she is sleeping at her friends house, never have to have her sit out of any activity until her blood sugar comes back up. Never have to worry about her some day deciding to have children and the risks she will take doing so, never have to see the day come when she will have lived longer than diabetes than without it. She will be just past her 20th birthday when that happens. Never have to wish again that she was just like every other kid.

    ReplyDelete