
(Wig photo © COSPLAYfu.ca")
I feel great, people say I look great, I don't feel like I'm dying, but that damn cancer keeps growing. I have a few new lesions about 3mm in size, perhaps other new ones, but without the ct dye (allergy) they can't determine if perhaps some are from before or not. Doesn't really matter does it, they are there now.
I also have a cyst on my ovary.
Chemo treatment again tomorrow. It's the big one, meaning both the cisplatin and gemcitabine. I hate being nauseated but since I now know what to expect, hopefully I can keep it under control.
So I finally figured out with doc having to explain it to me 25 times, how my series of treatments will go. Day 1, Day 8, week off, following thursday. Repeat. They are always on Thursdays. This is called a cycle and I will have 6 cycles, which takes me to August 25th. Half way thru I will have a thorough exam including blood, xrays and ct and they will compare it to the ct they just did to see what progression, if any, is occuring. Let's hope for NOTHING!
I got a prescription for a wig today. I know I might be vain, but I am truly in pain (not physically, just emotionally) about my hair...there's a lot to the story, but I won't bore you with the details at this time...I want my long hair back, even if it is fake.
Thank you once again, without the support of my family and friends I don't know where I'd be. All the drives and company, coke, chocolate, flowers, starbucks chai tea latte and lemon loaf...I might be lonely, walking, skinny and enjoying flowers lol....love you all!
Thanks for the update, Velda. Sounds like very intense weeks ahead with the Chemo cycles. I'm glad to hear you are feeling ok, and I totally understand the hair isse. As a matter of fact, I remember you telling us about the 'why' some time ago. Go for the wig! Nothing wrong with that.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and fuzzy thought. {{{hugs}}}
LOVE THE PURPLE WIG! LOVE YOU! Glad you are feeling well, all our love, always! T
ReplyDeletePraying for no change on your next CT! Didn't know that you need a prescription for a wig but hoping that you find one that's just right for you! Praying for a good day tomorrow for you! Love you forever and always! Hugs! Donna Marie
ReplyDeleteSorry to read that Velda. :( Hope you won't feel to nauseated. Hugs ♥
ReplyDeleteCan you choose the color and lenght of your wing or have you set your mind on a purple one? :-D lol
Praying you get through your next round nausea free.... Wish I could be there for you my friend but if there is anything you want from over this way give me a shout and I will send it to you.
ReplyDelete(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
Dee
I am glad that you are getting some hair! I have a gf who has no hair due to illness since age 13. She has dozens of colours, styles, textures, lengths. She will be a short curly red one day and a long flowing brunette the next. She has lots of fun with it. I hope you find one that makes you feel good!
ReplyDeleteHope too, that the treatment will be easy and miraculous.
Hug, hug,
Laura
Glad you're feeling good. Can't wait to see the picture of you in your wig. {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to see what you pick out! that will be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI hope your big treatment is easy on you!!!! I'll be thinking about you! ((((((V))))))
Can't wait to see pictures of you and your new 'do. Praying for relatively little or no nausea this round. Love you! xxoo
ReplyDeletePlease tell me you are going to indulge yourself and get that glorious purple wig?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you have such a long haul with chemo coming up. I hope and pray it takes care of the cancer and maybe gives you a break with the nausea.
{{{Hugs}}} and I love you.
V, you have been very much on my mind lately and especially today as I sat waiting for my Mom to come out of surgery. If your ears have been ringing it's because I have been talking to her alot about you. I needed to talk, obviously.
ReplyDeleteAre you being vain over your hair? Who cares? Be vain. Be vain, be angry, be sad, be whatever you need to be. I don't think there is anyone in your life who could or would stand in judgement of you or how you are feeling. I know the story so I fully understand and empathize with you. Get the longest wig you need to get to feel better and don't worry about what anyone else may or may not think. It is your crowning glory so go for it and enjoy it! Just know that with or without hair, you are truly beautiful to those of us who know you.
Take good care and know that I am thinking of you!
Kim
Praying for you today. Excited for you that you got the script for a wig. It is not vain; it is part of living each day to the fullest and if it makes you happy it is worth doing. Very worth doing. ((hugs)) my friend.
ReplyDeleteHey Sista' I am so happy that you are feeling good and I cant wait to see your new hair -- while I think you are beautiful any way you are I know you love long hair and I can't wait to see pics of you with it. Sounds like you have a super busy summer with all of the series of treatments and I will be keeping you in prayer!! I hope that your next round of blood check, x-rays and scans turns out with no changes (for the worse). HUGS to you
ReplyDeleteYou are in my prayers every day. Sharen.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are feeling good. I'm praying that the chemo is easier for you and that it works! So happy you are getting a wig. You will not only look beautiful but feels lots better with a new style. Hugs and prayers, Candace
ReplyDelete