Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Clot



Yesterday while my best friend Tammy was visiting, bearing chai tea latte and red velvet somethings (I've never had red velvet things omg!), I suddenly saw my arm inflame and turn red hot and pain started immediately. After 6 hrs in emerg last night, after consulting with my home care nurse, they gave me two pills and sent me home. Today I had an ultrasound and it's been determined that I have a clot. They aren't going to do anything unless it does something. I'm tired of things going wrong. Can't I just have normal cancer?

12 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) Be gentle with yourself today. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww man that looks and sounds VERY painful Velda!! Big HUGS to you. Your inner (and outter) strength really does inspire me. I am a total wus and doubt I could handle a drop of what you are going through.

    LOVE YA!!
    Your Sista'

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture does not do justice to just how mean this spot looks, nor the heat that eminates from it.

    I don't see you as often as I like and that quiet moment, starbucks and you made it all just perfect.

    Stupid cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Velda, it looks the same as phlebitis! Ouch!!!! Ouch!!!
    I have to admit... sick as it might be... the question "why can't I have normal cancer?" made me laugh a little bit. Not because your pain is funny, nor the obstacles... nor the cancer. It is that it is cancer... the big C... Such a big word - a big problem that many can't even think of it, or look at it. Matter of fact, my aunt who has also been told it is terminal. When she FOUND a lump she just ignored it and hoped it would go away with wishes until it was so bad that she could not pretend even a little longer. I guess, what I mean is why does anyone need to have cancer at all?

    Your acceptance, of it, is something for me that is a near miracle.

    Hug, hug,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow, that looks and sounds painful. I'm sorry you are having to deal with so much little crap too. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Velda! That looks like it hurts bad... prayers it goes away soon and gives you some rest.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yuck. And ouch. You would think "normal" cancer would be enough, wouldn't you? ;) Lots of <3 and ((((Hugs)))) Take it easy sweetie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OUCH!!! Looks very painful :( Hope it just desolves itself. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! I hope the clot dissolves and the pain lessons. You've been through enough already! Take care! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've never been "normal," my friend. OUCH and gentle hugs. Much much love. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Velda. All my love. Sharen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been through so much. Hope it goes away soon.

    Hugs, Candace

    ReplyDelete