Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Went to Egypt!




I had no idea how hard writing my will was going to be. It's not just a page saying hubby gets it all, it's so much more than that. Bank accounts, credit card, assets, funeral, burial, my stuff, death registration, obituary, power of attorney, and more. Guess I really am dying huh? And guess what? I finally made it to Egypt - De-nial.....

18 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) We did our wills in January. Hard stuff and we didn't have the urgency I know you must feel. I still had a terribly hard time just putting my name on the page. Sounds to me like you have left Egypt not arrived there--no de nial. ((more hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking of a will for a long time now, just haven't done it yet! We never know when it's our time to go so I really need to do this for my boys. It was so easy for us knowing mom and dad's wishes!
    Really tried to get you to Egypt! Wrote Oprah even a few times! If I could just win some money I'd take you there!
    Praying this next step of chemo works well for you!
    Love you forever and always! Hugs
    Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. De-nial - very poor! Sounds to me like you are being proactive not in denial. Good on you. Am hoping chemo works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this must be really difficult. More so than I can even imagine.

    You're doing the right thing by taking care of all of this now. You're family will be relieved to have to detail with all the details. It's hard enough grieving over a lost loved one, it's too much to worry about all the other stuff too.

    Take care dear Velda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Updated my will before my surgery in September last year and I am so with you... it's a really hard thing to do but the relief when it's done and you know things will be easier for those that have to do all the sorting out when you're not around... well that's pure gold. ((Hugs)) - will be thinking of you on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been. Big, Big (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hug* Oh hon... Believe me, you have NOT been treating this illness as though you are dying. You have been living it to the fullest, and that's what your kids will remember. I really wish that wills weren't a necessary part of the process, but they are :( To the point where Jeff and I have made out our wills to ensure that the kids are taken care of if anything ever happens to us (although the likelihood of something happening to both of us WITHOUT the kids has been dramatically reduced since we divorced... the only time we're together is WITH the kids).

    It's never pleasant, and especially not in your case :( I can only imagine what you've been going through. All I can say is that you've taught many of us here to cherish each day with our families as a gift, the way you do.

    I love you, V.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words fail me!

    I love you to the moon and back

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Tammy on this one, Velda. I have no words...........

    ~Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, there is no giving up in this fight. You have beaten the odds and its not denial to think you will continue to do so. We all should have wills written - any one of us could die tomorrow. You are setting a great example for your kids and all of us. Stay strong Velda, I know you can do this. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just to let you know I have been thinking of you all day today... (((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Velda, doing this task must have been so painful in so many ways. I do know that your family will greatly appreciate what you have done for them. Knowing a person's wishes is so important to make all aspects of your life and passing as meaningful as possible.

    I hope in some small way, it eases the burden you feel yourself for caring for others after. I continue to pray that you beat the odds here! I also don't want you to be in pain and distress. You know where I'm coming from. Many ((((HUGS)))) dear friend!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete