
....but I'm off to round 2 of chemo tomorrow, so who knows how long this will last. The nausea was NOT fun. I'd rather puke, but then I'd have to figure out what pills I'd have to retake blah blah, no thanks. I figured out, I think, that my extreme fatigue and weakness were likely the result of a very bad choice to go cold turkey on my coca-cola consumption. I guess when you have 3-4 cans a day and then drop to none, the sugar and caffeine content in your body take a nose dive. Man did I crash, and hard! Had a couple coke, some pizza and boy did I feel so much better. I won't be doing that again. But, I am cutting back. I've lost 6 pounds in the last month. That makes me happy. And when I have the energy to go out walking again, I hope to lose more. I had a great walk with my eldest son yesterday, sunshine and fresh air, ahhh. Sometimes I feel really holed up in here, like I'm living in a bubble. I smell bleach. Oh yeah, did lots of cleaning yesterday, I had the energy so I took advantage of it. I slept great, until the really strange, creepy, scary dreams crept in. That just had my head in a mess. The docs warned me of weird dreams. This one actually physically scared me out of my sleep, I had to go and find my husband downstairs to have him help me settle down. Freaky man! Had a great call from my sis Lisa this morning from Toronto, what a great way to start my day :) Well mom (in law) will be here soon so I had better go and brush my hair, teeth and nerves before she gets here. I'll try to update tomorrow after chemo, altho it's a really late appt, doesn't start until 3pm est so update may not come until Friday. Thankfully this one will only be an hour or so and not SIX!
Oh and to those who have asked what I need/want? I thought of something. Bring me some garden bulbs. New, used, cuts from your own. We'll plant them in my garden and when they bloom, you can come back and we'll share the bounty! It will give me something to do in the spring/summer and we'll both have beautiful flowers to enjoy all season! Nothing like watching something grow while you die....it kinda evens out the thoughts in my head :) (sorry, bad humour, but those who know me will giggle lol)
Or just come and visit and give me a hug. That would be the best of all <3
Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by your blog to give you a big ((((HUG))))!
Hey missy. I'm glad you are feeling better and I hope round 2 doesn't give you such a hit. Your sense of humor cracks me up! If I'm down that way, I'll bring you some flowers for sure!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you often!
Brenda
P.S. Beautiful picture!
glad to hear you're feeling better, velda and i hope tomorrow isn't so bad. i enjoy your sense of humour and hope you accept my virtual bulbs and hugs!
ReplyDelete~~Laura
Glad you are feeling better. Praying that round 2 is easier.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Candace
Hi Velda, I have no idea how I found your blog (a friend of a friend of a friend...maybe?), but I've been a follower for awhile, but have never commented. Bad me! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I wish I lived closer to you so I COULD give you a hug and bring you some beautiful spring bulbs, and we could watch them grow together.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to say how I admire your attitude and sense of humor when I would imagine sometimes you'd just like to scream bad words. I pray that the next round will be easier for you and you won't be hit with that awful nausea. Sending you gentle hugs from Texas. :)