Friday, October 9, 2009

Answering another question

Velda, I still have so many questions. Did you have any clue? Have you been sick?

Hi Diane. I had no clue. Have I been sick? well...I'm never sick. I rarely get colds, never anything serious like pneumonia or flu, nothing. I was even tested a few years back for chickenpox issues because no matter how hard I tried, I could NEVER catch them....turns out I"m immune. I also have no wisdom teeth (joke is that I'm already smart enuf! ) I'm a walking pillar of health. I'm overweight, I have high blood pressure and I can't absorb B12 so I"m taking pills. That's it. I am checked for diabetes every year because of family history. I knew NOTHING about cancer. Stroke, heart attack, diabetes...I could tell you everything...the only thing I can tell you about cancer is that it sucks, 'cause that's what everyone else says. They are right.

Now looking back, who knows if there were clues. I've had headaches since I was 12. Just barely there headaches. Nothing serious. I dealt with them. My head was xrayed for signs of migraines, nothing. The worst thing lately were my panic attacks. I was put on a heart monitor, my heart was perfect. I had every check up in the book, all clear. I was diagnosed with vertigo many years ago. It was always gone when I was pregnant, but back again later. Was that a sign? Who knows. I remember fainting twice. Once I was walking with a friend up by the base here in Kingston, I fell, did the funky chicken, woke up to my friend saying What the hell, me saying I dunno and we went on our day. NOW? Pretty sure it was my first seizure. I was 14. The second time was in church, praying up and down, I fainted. Awoke to Father giving me wine. Never thought anything of it, I hadn't eaten breakfast. I was 14.

Never fainted again. Always had the nagging, annoying, slight headaches. I wear glasses. If I didn't have the tumours, would my eyes be 20/20? I've had my gallbladder out, 3 csections, 1 regular birth and that's it. I've had some buzzing in my head here and there, but it wasn't painful and came and went all the time, didn't think anything of it.

I tried to do the angry thing, why didn't they know, what if they had done this, couldn't they have seen that...but it's not working, there was NOTHING there to be seen, known or done. It happened now for a reason.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure many of us have experienced some of those things and ignored them. Thanks for the reminder to not take anything for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lordy, you sound like my husband. He says he's a higher evolved human because he has no wisdom teeth either. Figures we always get them taken out so he's just one step ahead of the game. Guess you are right there with him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happened now for a reason?? I can't find the answer to the reason other than to piss me off... oh ya this isn't about me is it???

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete