Today was a busy day. I didn't do much of anything for the morning, and then had a nap early afternoon. Julie picked me up at 2:15 and we headed to my appt. First appt of the day was with Deb the social worker. We had a lovely talk, I really like her. At 4pm I waited for my radiation appt. While waiting, one of the technicians who was just coming off her shift, sauntered over to see my tattoo! She loved it :) We talked for a bit and she left, she's so nice :) Then on to my appt where the other techs wanted to see my tattoo first, as well :) So down came the lovely purple witch socks I received from Venessa today, and they all oohed and ahhed over my beautiful tattoo :) Treatment was simple, yet again. My scalp is super red and sensitive (they equated it to a sunburn) it H*U*R*T*S -- then I was all done and headed home after picking up some milk, ice cream (Heavenly hash) and popscicles :)
Tomorrow my appt is for the early afternoon now, they change ALL the time, and my other sister in law Martha is taking me.
Wednesday is now going to be crazy busy. First I have an appt to meet my lung doc T, then radiation, then followup with Doc Owen then a social working appt with Deb. Peter is coming with me since it will be a busy and hopefully informative day :)
Thursday I have to go for bloodwork. Tonight my family doc called from home (Have I mentioned how much I ADORE her!) to tell me my dilantin levels were low. We adjusted things and hopefully when I go for blood on Thursday things will be back up to par again. I also have to get my sugars checked as the Dex can alter my levels and they need to be monitored as well. PLEASE, I hope the levels are fine, I hate the fasting one and the 'dreaded orange juice' one that could follow...
Well that's about it for today....I am off to a much deserved sleep :)
OH WOW!!!!! My mom would say that is a woman after her own heart. She absolutely loves Heavenly Hash ice cream. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou definitely have a busy week.
Sweet Dreams my dear!
Love you!
Wow, super busy Velda! You are going to be exhausted by the end of this week. (if you aren't already) What was the Social worker for?
ReplyDeleteWow a busy week. Sounds like you have an incredible team looking after you and coordinating all your care.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds a lot to have on all in one week, but with you sorting your transport etc.
ReplyDeleteit's all running like clockwork.
hope your day tomorrow is not to much for you.
thinking about you and praying for you,
{{{hugs,}}}
Henny
Oh no, the possibility of you having that orange crap is enough have me shuddering all the way over here! Crossing my fingers for you, hon.
ReplyDeleteisn't it ironic that we just saw that orange crap Tammy? lol
ReplyDelete