Saturday, October 31, 2009
Heads up!
It was a comedy of errors this morning as hubby and I tried to tie a scarf around my nearly naked head. It was okay but didn't stay on very tight or very long. So off to The Bay we went, as I was told they have a wig dept and so I assumed they'd have head scarves. The lady was just opening up shortly after we arrived and she showed us various ideas. I decided to NOT go with a wig...it's just too foreign to me. I purchased 3 velour turbans and a silly little beautiful blonde curl that I can hang out the side :) It matches Zoe's hot pink curl :) I think these will work well, they are easy to put on, soft and warm. I have very little hair left, I will not go out in public without my turban now, it's *very* obvious that I'm losing it. (Okay no comments from the peanut gallery!!!) VERY quiet weekend, no company and just a wonderful baptism to go to tomorrow afternoon.
Today is halloween. The weather is horrid. It's pouring rain, very windy and generally nasty. PERFECT Spooky weather for halloween, but not really great for trick or treaters. Instead, if the kids can't go out, I will hide all the candy and they can have a halloween hunt in the house.
The kids are carving pumpkins and they are having a great time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha...that was the scene in our kitchen this morning, too...lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like you came up with a great solution w/the turbans...they do sound very soft, warm, & comfy. Probably a similar solution I'd go with if I were in your situation, as I don't think I could do a wig, either. {{{HUGS}}}
Oh, I know.. that weather is NASTY!! Love the pumpkins! I bet you look beautiful in the new head-gear. I have some food to bring over to you and $50 to help you with the cost of your new head coverings.. I have arranged to get your carpets cleaned with some of the donation money. Moe is not available until next week so I will come by and help you get things ready for the cleaning. You cannot be home when it is being done though, Moe is worried about the chemicals. So, can we organize this for when you have to be at the hospital or something? He said he will bringing extra dryers to clear the air sooner for you. Happy Halloween Velda and I hope the kids have fun tonight!
ReplyDeleteLove Samantha xoxox
Hi, Velda - Happy Halloween! My name is Steinunn and I´m an old friend of Katla´s. We were just talking on Facebook and I just wanted you to know that I think you are very BRAVE and I will pray for you and your family. Will keep reading your blog and I think you are an inspiration to all of us :o)Have fun tonight!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course, I'm two hours away and can't just pop down to show you the fun of hijab draping for another couple of months. :( You need an undergarment to help the scarf stay on. I'll send you relevant links.
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to find some nice turbans.
ReplyDeleteThe kids look like they are having a great time.
Have a Happy Halloween my dear!
( I am dressing in my christmas gear just for a reaction out of the kids.... remember this www.goldenangelsworks.blogspot/2008/12/my-christmas-wish-for-you/html )
I'm reading ass backwards today, of course I am! LOL
ReplyDeleteI think you found a great solutions for covering up and keeping warm. Try and rock out a ball cap too. I can pick you up a Yankee hat! That's an option too. You know we could work on tying up a biker rag/scarf thingy too, to match your rockin' tattoo.
Love you to the moon and back!
The turbans sound like a great idea. I'd love to see a picture of you with it on. I am sure you look smashing!
ReplyDeleteThe turbans sound comfy cozy.
ReplyDeleteHey Tammy..... should I find her a RED SOX cap????
UGH it's all got to be so emotional ~V~!!! I'm so sorry the hair loss has brought back some awful memories. Sounds like you have something that will work for you though. Now if you wore those turbans here, you'd fit right in!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Velda, that is a great idea, what colours did you get ? Purple ??
ReplyDeletehugs,
Henny