Friday, October 30, 2009

Side Effects and yesterday's appt

SO yesterday's bloodwork was a breeze. I can't be the only person who is totally fascinated with needles and loves watching???!!! Anyway...had a nice chat with the gal while she was playing vampire...until she asked me if there was anything I wanted to do while I was still around (the entire convo was very respectful) and when I told her I wanted to go to Egypt I totally broke down. WOW, that was a shocker to me. Anyway, SHE felt bad but I told her it was okay, that happens when I least expect it lol...I cracked a joke and all was good, I could tell she was relieved lol...I also had bloodwork taken for sugar levels as the Dexamethasone can alter those levels and since I am from a diabetic family, it needs to be monitored closely.

My mother in law took me to get a prescription filled as I have thrush AGAIN!!!!!! Grrrrrr...there is nothing worse than a yeast infection in your mouth. *gag* Nothing tastes right, anything warm/hot hurts. We went out for dinner last night and I had the BEST greek salad, it was scrumptious and did okay on my tongue :)

Tired...so tired. Not the sleep kind of tired, but the worn out tired. I get tired talking and walking mostly. I don't walk much, but I still keep on talking lol....every so often you'll hear me 'catch a breath'  while I speak.

Hair and scalp....ever had an itch that you couldn't scratch.....welcome to my head. I have lotion, but I could douse my entire head in it and I don't think it would stop itching. I've yet to wash my hair this morning....kinda afraid to, but I know it has to be done. And then, well....

I am so sick of water. On a good note, pop tastes absolutely horrid now, so it's few and far between. Guess that was some way to quit huh? lol...Milk sits good with me, most juices are too citrusy for me. Some food tastes really strange (like chocolate!!!! wahhhh) so I've adjusted my eating habits and diet quite a bit...jam and peanut butter are my friend :)

Well that's all the side effects I can think of. Between now and the new year, my life will be relatively normal. There are just a check up appt here and there, bloodwork each thursday and that's it. Provided the lung cancer doesn't show any symptoms (coughing, blood upchucking, pain etc) if it stays quiet, my life stays quiet :) let's hope....

HAHA you'll get a kick out of this..I had to come back and edit because I FORGOT something..you know what it was? Short term memory loss lol...I hate it! If I knew you from before, no worries, but if I just met you, I have no clue who you are lol , kidding. But seriously, I don't remember things and it drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!! I'm usually so quick witted and snap! but these days I have to think and it STILL doesn't come to me......darn, now I forget what else I was going to say *giggle*


I'd like to ask you to share a little of your support.....I have an aunt who is going thru a very similar experience right now, little did i know I'd be joining her in this....and I have a very special friend who is going thru chemo right now. She writes me very very long emails and tells me everything that is going on with her, with no holding back and I cannot thank her enuf for everything she has given me, even tho she is going thru a similar journey as me, just a few steps ahead...and I know SHE will be okay...she still gives and gives. So when you're saying your prayers and positive thoughts and dancing naked in the rain, please include Betty and Nancy in those thoughts. They are both very very special to me.

Peter made me read the hair comments, he told me I'd be okay. I cried thru the whole thing lol, 'cause apparently that's what I do best lol Thank you everyone....stupid hair...

Damn, "The Dance" just came on....it's a tough one people....also my brother's funeral song,.....



7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know Peter convinced you read through the hair comments...I was reading through them and thinking, "she really should read these...". Of course I'll think of Betty and Nancy along with you. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you my friend. I will keep Betty and Nancy in my thoughts along with you. I am glad Peter had you read through the comments. Darn you putting The Dance on here. :) I heard it the other day and thought of you, didn't make it through with dry eyes.
    (((((Hugs)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you very often my friend. I will definitely think of Betty and Nancy when I am you.
    Glad you read comments about your hair. I have always love the some THE DANCE! It always have more than one meaning for me.
    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the single most amazing woman I know.

    I want The Dance played at my funeral services. I've talked to both girls and they are aware of what I want, as is Cute Boy. Rob used to tell me he wouldn't play it for me. I'm glad to know now when I'm gone, my wishes will be honoured.

    Love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad Peter got you to read the comments. And, Betty and Nancy have been added to my prayers.

    I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going for "Wonderful Life" by Loius Armstrong. That defines me so well.

    Velda, have you tried berry juices? They might be a nice change for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. for Velda , Betty and Nancy prayers and positive thoughts.

    The Dance makes me cry too.
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete