Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a DAY!

This morning my mother in law came to get me for my appt. We arrived a little early only to be greeted by an old schoolmate Tracie. Then Lori came down as usual. (Tracie I know from school, Lori is a lifelong friend of my husband's family - they both work at the cancer clinic and Tracie, myself and Lori's brother all went to school together) So we're talking away, enjoying ourselves, having our morning laughs. It was all good :)

Tracie works in clinical trials. She is now working with *my* doctor. So she is on a mission to find anything and everything that she can offer to me in the way of new trials, alternative options etc for my stage IV mets to the brain. She says there are several options that might work for me and she will let me know. I'm excited. Now this may not change anything, as they are trials, but it certainly can't hurt to try something else. And the fact that she's working with my doc, is a major bonus.

After that, I will be talking to the lung cancer doctor, Doc T. who Lori has already lined up for me. And she will give me other options as well. I am astounded at the people who  have been around every corner to help me out. It is honestly mind blowing.

I had my radiation in the old room (I'm usually in the new room) and my mother in law came with me. She was visibly shaken at what I was going thru :( and it made me sad for her. We topped the day off by her taking me shopping for a GORGEOUS new outfit (pics will follow) and then she took me out to lunch. Lunch at the Rose and Crown, where we were served by Ashlee's friend Lauren. See, more friends :)

Then to come home to a beautiful card from my friend Joellyn that had a message in it that really hit home, especially today. Thanks Jo. ox

The day is only 1/2 over, but it's been a good day :)

8 comments:

  1. It sounds great sweetie :). I hope the rest of the day is just as good :). <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are having a great day.

    God does put those special people (angels) in our lives at just the right moment. We may think it is accidental, but he is watching over you!

    Hope you continue to have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that sounds wonderful on all counts! Velda, you are truly surrounded by Angels and your Mother-in-law is one of them. How perfect to get a new outfit today.

    Pretty things are a good spirit booster, don't you think?

    I'm so pleased to hear about the trials too. That's karma for you.......I love it. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that you are getting your tattoo tomorrow and that you have had such a wonderful day so far.

    Those trials sound exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day.

    Glad to know Tracie is fixing things up for you over there! Go Tracie Go!

    Huge huge hugs to you, my dear.

    Love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD LUCK with finding a trial!! I'm glad you liked the card -- it was the second or third one I looked at and immediately knew it was the *one*.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - can't wait to see the tattoo!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to hear you had a good day! I will get the same tattoo in June (as long as I get dr. approval and the tattoo place will tattoo a diabetic.

    ReplyDelete