Today I developed a fever which sent me to the hospital a bit earlier. Nurse Charity (isn't that the GREATEST name for a nurse!!!) told me to monitor any fever, so I called her when I realized I was burning up and she asked me to come in early. They quarantined me to a room away from other patients, just in case, but of course by the time I was seen, my fever was gone. And it's come and gone a few times this evening. They took some samples and are going to rule out anything serious. Along with the rashes on my arms and chest, they believe I'm having a reaction to the dylantin. They upped the Dex once again, and I am actually headache free for the first time in about 30 years. I mean NO headache at all! wow. Radiation was a breeze again today. My sis Julie was kind enuf to take me to my appt, early, and came to watch me being zapped. My two older ones decided not to come afterall, maybe another day. No weird taste in my mouth this time, but that may have had something to do with the gum I was chewing! The technicians asked me a few questions, and one of my answers was that my scalp was really itchy. They told me something I really didn't want to hear. They said "The itchier you get, the more the follicles are opening up and your hair will start to fall out" arrrrrgggghhhhhhh......I'm *so* not ready for that yet.......Afterward, Julie took me to McDs for lunch. We had a great talk and some giggles and then home with a bunch of bottles of gingerale :) It was a good day despite the fever fright. My friend Denise came over tonight with her daughter to unload a zillion pieces of littlest pet shop toys into Zoe's room. She was in HEAVEN! My other friend Angelyn dropped off 2 big bags of clothes for Zac and Zoe...they were thrilled with all the new hoodies and jammies :) It was just like Christmas. I finally swallowed enuf tears to call 2 special friends and talk to them, I'd been avoiding them because I knew it would be really really hard, but we managed to get thru our tears and as usual, their support is immense, I had no doubt it would be. Turns out we had all had a bit of a struggle trying to call each other (we are all friends, the 3 of us) I am really overwhelmed by all the support and caring and help that we have received....there really are billions of wonderful people in this world!

It sounds like a good day in spite of the fever :). I hope the bloodwork comes back negative for anything and that the fever is gone tomorrow. Many (((hugs))) sweetie <3
ReplyDeleteactually it was a pee sample *giggle* not blood...
ReplyDeleteOoops *blush* ;) Well okay, I hope that comes back clean too :P
ReplyDeleteYes, there are billions of nice people on this earth and I think you know every one of them. Fingers crossed V, that you can keep those golden locks a bit longer.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Talk about starting off the day with a bang. Glad to hear you were headache free today & had some quality time with your sis... Hope the fever thing was a fluke...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the fever didn't cause any major problems and I'm so glad to hear you had so many good moments today V.
ReplyDeleteWonderful gets as wonderful gives.
ReplyDeleteAre you starting to see the relation between the wonderful treatment you're getting from the people around you. That is "you" and your giving heart coming back to you in spades. You deserve nothing less!
Glad you had a good day with Julie and the kids had some special highlights too.
Love you to moon and back!
What's your head circumference hon?
ReplyDeletehopefully the fever was just a fluke. Sorry to hear they gave you a bit of bad news about your hair :( Sounds like it was a pretty good day though...McD's and giggles is always nice :) LPS is very popular here too...they're the only toys Jacy plays with anymore.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the fever. Glad to hear the treatments are going ok.
ReplyDeleteI'm back home and I want to call you but have no idea when is a good time with time zones and all. What time in the mornings (your time) are you able to receive a call?
That sounds a good day Velda, sorry about your hair but are you considering a wig ?
ReplyDeletealthough, bold is beautiful !!
here they say,
"we goed doet, wordt goed ontmoet"
something like what Tammy said,
Wonderful gets as wonderful gives.
(((Hugs)))
Henny
Sorry to hear about the fever. Glad everything else is going well.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day with your sis.
love ya.